|A place with a past ... and a future!
West Dallas is more than any one person's tale
The story of West Dallas depends on the storyteller.
For some, our past is best extracted from Bonnie and Clyde lore or well-documented accounts of man's (often futile attempt) to tame the flood-prone Trinity River.
For others, West Dallas is just one frame lifted from an endless film of ethnic and economic identities that have evolved since the early 1800s.
For many, West Dallas is either defined by industrial misteps and misguided public housing of the 20th century ... or it is a place that has been strengthened by faith and charity – even when hope was in short supply.
Today, West Dallas' greatest catalyst is one of the barricades which segregated it from the rest of Dallas for more than a century: the Trinity River.
Other factors affecting the very promising economic future of West Dallas are:
- Available, affordable and developable land in Dallas' urban core.
- Proximity and ease of access to Dallas' major employment and transportation centers.
- National trends toward alternative transportation, pedestrian-oriented development, and public education.
- A creative, entrepreneurial class that is able to live and work without the social constructs of previous generations.
- Political and civic will.
Welcome to the new West Dallas! We hope you will learn more about us and become a part of the future.